[swift-dev] Swift kernel hacking, compiler options and target triples

Greg Parker gparker at apple.com
Mon Mar 28 16:20:00 CDT 2016

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Simon Evans via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> On a related note about compiler options, what could be done about options such
> as enabling/disabling certain instruction sets eg SSE or FP or other such
> lowlevel options etc? These wouldn't necessarily always be on or off for a given
> target but the programer may want the ability to fine tune for firmware and
> embedded etc. Is there anyway this can be accomplished without adding lots of
> compiler options? I understand not wanting to go the gcc route of having a large
> option list.

swiftc has a hidden -Xllvm flag that passes options to the LLVM code generator. That might work for low-level options like instruction selection and maybe the red zone. It's not the right answer for production use, but it might be good enough for your experiments.

--
Greg Parker     gparker at apple.com     Runtime Wrangler