[swift-dev] Why no FloatingPointArithmeticType and DefaultInitializable protocols in stdlib?

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Thu Mar 17 20:36:11 CDT 2016

Is there a reason why the standard library does not have a protocol like
IntegerArithmeticType but for floating point types?

Also, I don't know how many times I've found the need for this:
protocol DefaultInitializable { init() }

Yet there's nothing like that in the stdlib. Any particular reason for that?

(I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything about
it.)

/Jens