[swift-dev] SR-122 / CollectionsMoveIndices.swift Prototype

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 00:48:50 CST 2016

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to announce that we have sufficient change on the
swift-3-indexing-model branch so that we can build the core standard
library and StdlibUnittest.  We achieved this by putting the protocol
new structure into place, and stubbing out with fatalError() or just
commenting out parts that didn't compile.  Now we have a baseline that
we won't regress, and we are starting to work towards improving it,
making existing tests pass, and then writing new tests, and addressing
TODOs and FIXMEs that we left in the code as we were doing the first
pass.

Here's the most recent pull request from Shawn where he starts to fix
the tests: https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/1632

Now we are in the "massively-parallel" stage of this project and we,
as always, welcome contributions to this branch!

Dmitri