[swift-dev] Generic typealiases

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Mar 8 01:09:42 CST 2016

Hi All,

I just landed an implementation of generic typealiases, e.g. things like:

    typealias StringDictionary<T> = Dictionary<String, T>
    typealias IntFunction<T> = (T) -> Int
    typealias MatchingTriple<T> = (T, T, T)
    typealias BackwardTriple<T1,T2,T3> = (T3, T2, T1)

etc now work.

I have tested various scenarios with them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are corner cases that aren’t working yet.  Please try kicking them around and let me know if you run into any problems, thanks!

-Chris