[swift-dev] SR-122 / CollectionsMoveIndices.swift Prototype

Shawn Erickson shawnce at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:51:59 CST 2016

So I have made some progress on things.

The first PR has been pulled in Apple's branch...
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/1413

The second PR is a work in progress...
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/1418

Things compile but many tests are failing because of purposely added
fatalError markers in the code.

I am at a point that it is becoming more difficult to keep things compiling
(I can still make some more progress however). Soon it looks like more of
the prototype needs to be integrated into / replace existing code. Also a
few classes likely need to be rethought given these changes. I not fully
sure of these aspects at this time.

I also see a good amount of change taking place related to API naming that
will/is conflict with change I need to make. It may make sense to pause for
a bit while more of that gets worked out (at least in some areas).

Anyway I need to head out of town for a couple of days and likely won't
have much time to make progress on this as a result.

-Shawn