[swift-dev] Helping out with larger-scope items?

Dave Abrahams dabrahams at apple.com
Fri Feb 19 17:17:31 CST 2016

on Tue Feb 16 2016, Austin Zheng <swift-dev-AT-swift.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The bug tracker contains a number of small, relatively straightforward
> tasks and bugs marked as 'starter bugs'. What would be a good way to
> find, start working on, or collaborate on tasks and engineering
> projects with larger, more complex scope? I know there are Apple
> engineers concentrating on specific subsets of Swift 3.0
> functionality, and it would be great if there were a way for us on the
> outside to usefully help out.

Hi Austin,

Thanks again for asking.  We actually have a pretty substantial
challenge ahead with replacing the standard library's collections and
indices with what's in
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/test/Prototypes/CollectionsMoveIndices.swift
I anticipate that the whole stdlib team may need to be involved in this
project, which Dmitri (Cc'd) is driving, and we'd love it if you could
help.

Obviously, as it hasn't gone through review yet, it needs to happen on a
branch.

Does that sound interesting?

--
-Dave