[swift-dev] importer questions

Drew Crawford drew at sealedabstract.com
Mon Feb 15 23:22:05 CST 2016

I'm porting a codebase to Linux.  As part of this work, I have a large class of problems of the form "Darwin defines this constant to be Int32 but Glibc defines it to be Int16".

Are these considered bugs, from Swift POV?  They mean I have to `#if os(Linux)` a lot of things, but one interpretation is that Darwin and Glibc headers are just different, get over it.
If they are bugs, should they be resolved in favor of making Glibc follow the Darwin types?
If they are bugs, perhaps someone could link me to the place where I can override the header import, so I can fix these directly?  Filing them separately would probably be inefficient, as I have a codebase that can identify them at some scale.

Thanks

Drew