[swift-dev] clang/clang.order: file not recognized: File truncated

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 11 12:00:00 CST 2016

Hi,

	Since pulling from git yesterday moring, I haven't been able to get
incremental builds of llvm-linux-x86_64 to work.  The initial build works,
but subsequent incremental builds fail with:

/home/vagrant/build/dpg/llvm-linux-x86_64/tools/clang/clang.order: file not
recognized: File truncated
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
./utils/build-script: command terminated with a non-zero exit status 1,
aborting
./utils/build-script: command terminated with a non-zero exit status 1,
aborting

If I rm -rf the llvm-linux-x86_64 build directory and build from scratch it
succeeds (once), but incremental builds fail.

A couple of us at IBM are seeing this problem (not just my bad luck....).

Any suggestions on how to fix?  Anyone else seeing it?

thanks,

--dave