[swift-dev] A large number of stdlib/Slice validation tests appear to be failing

Brian Gesiak modocache at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:37:02 CST 2016

Hello!

I'm not sure if I'm the only person experiencing a problem, but using the
latest apple/swift commit (https://github.com/apple/swift/commit/ad33048a),
I'm experiencing a large number of validation-test failures:

- stdlib/Slice.swift.gyb
-
stdlib/Slice/MutableSlice_Of_DefaultedBidirectionalMutableCollection_FullWidth.swift.gyb
-
stdlib/Slice/MutableSlice_Of_DefaultedBidirectionalMutableCollection_WithPrefix.swift.gyb
    -
stdlib/Slice/MutableSlice_Of_DefaultedBidirectionalMutableCollection_WithPrefixAndSuffix.swift.gyb
-
stdlib/Slice/MutableSlice_Of_DefaultedBidirectionalMutableCollection_WithSuffix.swift.gyb
- ...and so on. There are about 60 failures.

All of them fail with the following:

/home/odocache/GitHub/apple/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-linux-x86_64/lib/swift/linux/libswiftStdlibCollectionUnittest.so:
undefined reference to
`_TTSf4s_s_s_n_n___TFs16_assertionFailedFTVs12StaticStringSSS_Su5flagsVs6UInt32_T_'
clang-3.9: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
<unknown>:0: error: link command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

'_assertionFailed' appears to be defined in
stdlib/public/core/AssertCommon.swift. I'm not sure what may have recently
changed to cause these test failures, but it must have been in the last 70
commits since ad33048a, since that build works for me.

I'll try running a bisect. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else
was experiencing this issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

- Brian Gesiak