[swift-dev] Emitting redundant protocol conformances to support type lookup

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Thu Jan 14 07:49:19 CST 2016

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 5:21 AM, Joe Groff <jgroff at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Cool. We should also emit references to generic metadata pattern from this table. None of these pointers needs to be indirectable, since they'll always refer to types declared within the current object file.

Based on your most recent request I’ve completely removed the generic type record support out of the SR-381 branch. But if you want I can just separate out the runtime changes and leave the compiler changes in.

No-generic – https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/834/files <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/834/files>
Generic – https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/959/files <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/959/files>

— Luke