[swift-dev] Understanding runtime entry points

Slava Pestov spestov at apple.com
Wed Jan 6 15:11:55 CST 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Austin Zheng <austinzheng at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Slava,
>
> Thanks a lot for your detailed responses; it definitely helps to understand how structs are passed to the C++ function.
>
> In a separate email, Joe Groff mentioned that there was a difference between passing the enum value and passing a pointer to it. I think that might be the root of my problem. I'll try a few things and send over a better code sample tonight, if there are still issues.

Yeah, that sounds like it could be the problem.

In general, expecting the Swift calling convention to line up with C++ in this manner is really not something we want to officially support, and I believe JoeG is currently working on refactoring the runtime reflection interface to be a bit more minimal and orthogonal on the runtime side.

It would be great to see what you're working on, because I suspect we should be able to fold your use-case into the general reflection API.

Slava