[swift-dev] clang version requirements?

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Jan 4 13:02:56 CST 2016

Hi, Tom. I wouldn't expect 3.7 or 3.8 to cause any problems when used as the compiler building Swift. You'll note that Swift embeds its own version of LLVM and Clang for later use; it will not (and cannot) use the standard one on your system. More information on that is available on the Swift website <https://swift.org/contributing/#llvm-and-swift>.

If you encounter any issues, please bring them up on this list!

Jordan