[swift-dev] [swift-corelibs-dev] Defining _GNU_SOURCE for module-map-included headers

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Dec 21 13:00:52 CST 2015

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 10:57 , Pierre Habouzit <pierre at habouzit.net> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 21, 2015, at 9:34 AM, Jordan Rose via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hm. If this is the right setting to set on everybody's system, we could add it as part of Clang initialization (for the Clang inside Swift). Otherwise, you can use "-Xcc" to pass extra flags to Clang, in this case "-Xcc -D_GNU_SOURCE=1”.
>
> You definitely want -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 on linux systems, as all the non portable calls (that also are the interesting ones) will be hidden behind this.

Seems reasonable. If anyone wants to fix this, the relevant function is getNormalInvocationArguments <https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/lib/ClangImporter/ClangImporter.cpp#L265> in ClangImporter.cpp; otherwise, please file a bug report at https://bugs.swift.org <https://bugs.swift.org/>.

Thanks,
Jordan