[swift-dev] metatype of Int

Rafkind, Jon jon.rafkind at hpe.com
Mon Dec 21 12:51:28 CST 2015

Yes, context.getIntDecl() was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Jordan!

On 12/18/2015 08:49 PM, Jordan Rose wrote:
I think Jon's trying to build something on top of swiftc or SourceKit. Yes?

You can do something like this to build your own metatype:

ASTContext &ctx = …
Type intTy = ctx.getIntDecl()->getDeclaredType();
auto *intMetaTy = MetatypeType::get(intTy, ctx);

And then compare types using TypeBase::isEqual (which looks through typealiases and such—it's comparing "canonical" types).

Type unknownTy = …
if (unknownTy->isEqual(intMetaTy)) {
  // celebrate
}