[swift-dev] The Swift Programming Language Translations

Vinicius Vendramini vinivendra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:31:05 CST 2015

I just saw a tweet from Chris Lattner talking about translating the Swift Programming Language ebook. This is a project I’d be very interested in; however, I don’t really know where to start.

Is there some kind of git repository, containing the original book, that I can clone? If not, does someone have any ideas on how to start a new book, imitating the original’s style? (Maybe using iBooks Author? I have no idea.)

I thought this thread could end up being kind of a central starting point for any other translations that come up, so I’m searching for the best solutions here :)

PS: Swift.org recommends looking at an existing Chinese translation project (The Swift Programming Language (Chinese translation, GitHub project) <https://github.com/numbbbbb/the-swift-programming-language-in-chinese>), but since I have absolutely no knowledge of Chinese it’s really hard to navigate and understand that repository.