[swift-dev] Building Foundation on FreeBSD

Davide Italiano dccitaliano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:55:22 CST 2015

Hi,
I'm in the process of porting Foundation to FreeBSD (see
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/141).
After fixing a bunch of build/portability errors I'm now stuck trying
to fix an issue with modules.
In particular, I see a lot of errors like this:

<unknown>:0: error: module file's minimum deployment target is
freebsd11.0 v11.0:
/exps/swift/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-freebsd-x86_64/lib/swift/freebsd/x86_64/Swift.swiftmodule

The version seems to match
$ uname -s -r
FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT

I tried to google to get help but all I find are ways to solve this in
XCode. I also tried to navigate the sources to find a culprit but I
failed in doing that. Is there any easy way to get this working? Or at
least, to ignore the deployment target version check for now (as a
workaround) in order to make progress?

Thanks,

--
Davide