[swift-dev] buildbot configuration + etc

Mish Awadah mawadah at apple.com
Mon Dec 14 22:42:13 CST 2015

I’m sorry for the experience Travis, but this is certainly one of our pain points. There’s a lot at play and we haven’t finished setting up our public CI either. Here’s what I do locally to build a toolchain on OS X:

function build_osx_package() {

    YEAR=$(date +"%Y")
    MONTH=$(date +"%m")
    DAY=$(date +"%d")
    TOOLCHAIN_VERSION="swift-2.2-SNAPSHOT-${YEAR}-${MONTH}-${DAY}-a"
    ARCHIVE_DIR="${TOOLCHAIN_VERSION}-${BUILD_NUMBER}"
    ARCHIVE="${TOOLCHAIN_VERSION}-osx.tar.gz"
    SYM_ARCHIVE="${TOOLCHAIN_VERSION}-osx-symbols.tar.gz"
    BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER="org.swift.${YEAR}${MONTH}${DAY}"
    DISPLAY_NAME="Swift 2.2 Development Snapshot"
    TOOLCHAIN_NAME="${TOOLCHAIN_VERSION}"

    SWIFT_SOURCE_ROOT="${SRC_DIR}"
    SWIFT_BUILD_ROOT="${SRC_DIR}/build"
    SWIFT_INSTALLABLE_PACKAGE="${SRC_DIR}/${ARCHIVE}"
    SWIFT_INSTALL_DIR="${SRC_DIR}/swift-nightly-install"
    SWIFT_INSTALL_SYMROOT="${SRC_DIR}/swift-nightly-symroot"
    SWIFT_TOOLCHAIN_DIR="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/${TOOLCHAIN_NAME}.xctoolchain"
    SYMBOLS_PACKAGE="${SRC_DIR}/${SYM_ARCHIVE}"

    ./swift/utils/build-script --preset="buildbot_osx_package" install_destdir="${SWIFT_INSTALL_DIR}" installable_package="${SWIFT_INSTALLABLE_PACKAGE}" install_toolchain_dir="${SWIF\
T_TOOLCHAIN_DIR}" install_symroot="${SWIFT_INSTALL_SYMROOT}" symbols_package="${SYMBOLS_PACKAGE}" darwin_toolchain_bundle_identifier="${BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER}" darwin_toolchain_display_n\
ame="${DISPLAY_NAME}" darwin_toolchain_xctoolchain_name="${TOOLCHAIN_NAME}" darwin_toolchain_version="${TOOLCHAIN_VERSION}"
}

It should work. If not, please file a bug with your output and configuration and let us know about it.

- mish