[swift-dev] buildbot configuration + etc

Travis Tilley ttilley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:04:36 CST 2015

Is there any documentation somewhere on what the exact commands are that
the buildbot CI performs and how the packages on swift.org are created?

I've noticed that:

1) LLDB doesn't compile on either OSX or ubuntu 15 via the normal script
for various reasons (codesign on OSX, no idea on ubuntu) in the default
configuration. This seems highly counter-intuitive.

2) The buildbot presets don't have sane defaults and I can't find any
documentation on what "sane" might mean for those builds.

3) I still can't build the full suite using the following command (which,
again, may or may not be sane):

nice ./swift/utils/build-script \
>   --preset=buildbot_osx_package \
>   installable_package=/tmp/swift.tar.gz \
>
> install_destdir=/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-2.2-SNAPSHOT-2015-12-14/
> \
>
> install_toolchain_dir=/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-2.2-SNAPSHOT-2015-12-14.xctoolchain
> \
>
> install_symroot=/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-2.2-SNAPSHOT-2015-12-14/
> \
>   symbols_package=/tmp/swift-symbols.tar.gz \
>   darwin_toolchain_bundle_identifier=org.swift.20151214 \
>   darwin_toolchain_display_name=20151214 \
>   darwin_toolchain_xctoolchain_name=swift darwin_toolchain_version=swift

​All that I actually -want- to do is start xcode using a freshly built
swift toolchain. That is it. I don't even need any of the SDKs other than
OSX built. But the build directory install structure doesn't have anything
like what `​launch-with-toolchain` appears to expect...

Not sure where i'm going wrong. Please feel free to tell me to RTFM if
there is a FM to read.

-Travis Tilley