[swift-dev] Porting Swift to Linux aarch64 (arm64)

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 01:45:48 CST 2015

Hi,

This weekend I have been playing with Swift on Linux on 64-bit arm.  I
have summarized my findings in this bug:

https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-221

TL;DR: 20 tests fail in the main testsuite; there is an issue with
type metadata, I'm thinking this is a linker issue.

If someone would like to investigate further -- especially if you are
familiar with the internals of the binutils linker -- your help would
be much appreciated!

Dmitri