[swift-dev] Running only one unit test through build-script?

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 00:54:31 CST 2015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Austin Zheng via swift-dev
<swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> Apologies if I'm overlooking something basic. I looked through the help for both build-script and build-script-impl, and while I found flags to disable parts of the prebuilt test suites, it doesn't look like there's a way to specify running a specific unit test. Is this indeed not currently possible, or have I missed something?

Hi Austin,

It is possible, the procedure is described in docs/Testing.rst:

<<<<
If you need to manually run certain tests, you can invoke LLVM's lit.py script
directly. For example::

    % ${LLVM_SOURCE_ROOT}/utils/lit/lit.py -sv
${SWIFT_BUILD_ROOT}/test-iphonesimulator-i386/Parse/

Dmitri