[swift-dev] Starter project: increase test coverage on Linux

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 02:39:48 CST 2015

Hi,

Many important tests are XFAIL'ed on Linux. Usually this is because
one or few parts of the test use the Objective-C runtime or rely on
Foundation.

These parts can usually be separated into separate files, or guarded
with `#if _runtime(_ObjC)`. Sometimes these failures are real issues
that we are unaware of and need to start tracking in the bug tracker.

It is easy to find disabled tests with:

$ git grep 'XFAIL: linux'

I consider the following tests to be of high value to be looked at first.

Standard library:

test/1_stdlib/ArrayTraps.swift.gyb
test/1_stdlib/Print.swift
test/1_stdlib/ReflectionHashing.swift
test/1_stdlib/Runtime.swift
test/1_stdlib/SetTraps.swift
test/1_stdlib/StringTraps.swift
validation-test/stdlib/Dictionary.swift
validation-test/stdlib/Set.swift
validation-test/stdlib/String.swift
validation-test/stdlib/Unicode.swift
validation-test/stdlib/UnicodeTrie.swift.gyb
validation-test/stdlib/UnicodeUTFEncoders.swift

SIL and the optimizer:

test/SIL/Parser/basic.sil
test/SILOptimizer/cse.sil
test/SILOptimizer/definite_init_diagnostics.swift
test/SILOptimizer/sil_combine.sil
test/Serialization/basic_sil.swift

https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-216

Dmitri