[swift-dev] Shouldn't the optimizer make this manual loop-unrolling unnecessary?

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Fri Dec 11 08:05:57 CST 2015

Correction: The test I'm running is actually using V4<V4<Float>>.
Manually unrolling the loop makes adding V4<V4<Float>> as fast as adding
SIMD float4x4.
Using the (un-unrolled) for loop will be about 4 times slower.
My question is still: Shouldn't the optimizer be able to handle that for
loop / make my manual unrolling unnecessary?
/Jens

--
bitCycle AB | Smedjegatan 12 | 742 32 Östhammar | Sweden
http://www.bitcycle.com/
E-mail: jens at bitcycle.com