[swift-dev] Build and install custom toolchain?

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Wed Dec 9 16:32:12 CST 2015

Is there an easy way to build and install my own toolchain into /Library/Developer/Toolchains? I assume there must be some automated way to construct the package installer, but nothing immediately leaps out at me. It looks like build-script can create a root, but that seems to be for BNI, which isn't helpful.

The reason for doing this here is I have a Vim plugin that lets me execute Swift scripts from vim buffers, and it supports using the swift from any given Xcode. I want to teach it how to find swift in /Library/Developer/Toolchains instead, which requires that I actually install a toolchain there (teaching it how to use the build folder from my swift checkout is doable, but that's not very portable).

-Kevin Ballard