[swift-dev] Starter project: Convert release notes into something useful

joe joe at polka.cat
Mon Dec 7 16:21:50 CST 2015

Now that the CHANGELOG.md file is in place, I can take a look at the "archeology exercise" bit. The updates to the Xcode release notes for official releases are online (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/releasenotes/DeveloperTools/RN-Xcode/Chapters/Introduction.html), but Radek, if you have the beta release notes handy, those may be useful in creating more granular updates to the changelog.

It won't be too difficult to pull out the sections relevant to Swift from the Xcode release notes, but is that what we want in the CHANGELOG? I want to make sure it's ok to have the duplicated content added, or if the purpose of the CHANGELOG might be somewhat different than Xcode's release notes (at least the sections pertaining the Swift language itself).