[swift-dev] Starter project: Convert release notes into something useful

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sat Dec 5 12:54:51 CST 2015

We have this document, which captures some of the evolution of swift over time in the form of release notes:
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/utils/buildbot-release-notes.txt

We’ve started updating it for behavior changes in Swift 2.2, and think that something like it is important so that when we do a release, we have a way to make sure that sometime important isn’t missed.  Users like to know what’s new :-)

That said, it has two pretty serious problems:
 - It is missing content on what happened between Oct 2014 and the start of the Swift 2.2 cycle.
 - It is a weird little text file off in an undiscoverable place in the source tree.

Fixing the former problem is a bit of an archeology exercise, the later problem is more of a content/design problem.  Is anyone interested in tackling either of these?

-Chris