[swift-dev] Compile Error - Arch Linux

Ryan Lovelett swift-dev at ryan.lovelett.me
Fri Dec 4 08:08:35 CST 2015

I know that Arch Linux is not a "Supported Target Platforms" so I guess
this may be off topic.

However, I'm trying to make an PKGBUILD script so that Swift can be
installed from the AUR (and perhaps eventually from the main
repositories). See: https://github.com/RLovelett/swift-aur

For the most part everything is going swimmingly until it goes to link
the shared library libswiftCore.so. So as not to clutter up this message
with the full log (see attached allout.txt). The germane part is that it
is failing to link the references from `pthread_rwlock_rdlock`,
`pthread_rwlock_unlock`, `pthread_rwlock_wrlock`, `dlopen`, `dlsym` and
`dlclose`. As far as I know they all come from pthreads and dl (e.g.,
`-lpthread` and `-ldl`) which can clearly be seen in the failed command
as having been sent to clang++.

I guess I should also say the command I am using to build is
`swift/utils/build-script -R`; though if you want to see all the
commands checkout the Github URL above.

My guess is something is going wrong during the build script but I'm not
really sure where and how to start debugging it in isolation.
Suggestions are welcome.

--
Ryan Lovelett
https://github.com/RLovelett