[swift-dev] SIL Inspector

Alex Blewitt alex.blewitt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:27:19 CST 2015

I wrote a small utility SILInspector [1] (which wraps around the output of xcrun swiftc -emit-sil and friends) for my presentation at GotoCon Berlin yesterday [2]. It’s primarily a tool that’s useful for seeing what gets generated by each stage of the pipeline and (for example) showing how in-lining optimisations can lead to further optimisations resulting in functions being completely excluded in compiled output.

It might be of interest to those experimenting with the compiler and/optimisations, although as I said, there’s nothing that can’t be done from the command line.

Alex

[1] https://github.com/alblue/SILInspector <https://github.com/alblue/SILInspector>
[2] https://speakerdeck.com/alblue/swift-2-under-the-hood-gotober-2015 <https://speakerdeck.com/alblue/swift-2-under-the-hood-gotober-2015>