[swift-corelibs-dev] Encountering "Constant strings cannot be deallocated" in Linux foundation

Brandon Williams mbw234 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:06:40 CST 2017

Thanks for the info!

FWIW, most of the places I have encountered this so far have made use of
`URLComponents`, and have even been able to eliminate the crash by getting
rid of that code in a few places. The other JIRA bug on this topic also
mentions URLComponents in their repro case. Seems to be the culprit.

Also worth noting that in the above cases dealing with URLComponents the
crash only happens in DEBUG compilations, not RELEASE.

However, I do have another one of these crashes that _does_ happen on
RELEASE builds that I haven’t yet been able to reduce.