[swift-corelibs-dev] PropertyListDecoder/Encoder?

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Thu Nov 16 15:12:44 CST 2017

Hi Kevin,

It's unintentional, in the sense that noone has done the work yet to
implement the PropertyListDecoder in corelibs-foundation.

However, the Darwin implementation is actually open source - see
https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/stdlib/public/SDK/Foundation/PlistEncoder.swift
- so we should be able to reuse that code. It might not be a straight
copy and paste, but the bulk of the work is ready and done...

PRs welcome!

Thanks,
Ian

On 16 November 2017 at 20:54, Kevin Lundberg via swift-corelibs-dev
<swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> I’m trying to port some mac/iOS swift code over to also compile and run on linux. However one of the files I’m working with references PropertyListDecoder in order to decode some propertylist data we have in our library, and it’s failing to compile since PropertyListDecoder doesn’t appear to be implemented in the corelibs-foundation project. Is this an oversight, or intentional? Are there any workarounds I can do (short of re-encoding our data in JSON which i’d prefer not to do) to get access to property list decoding on linux?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Kevin Lundberg

Ian Partridge