[swift-corelibs-dev] Informal Chat Medium

Ian Partridge ian at poncho.org.uk
Thu Aug 3 05:52:10 CDT 2017

I've also found the SwiftPM Slack extremely useful and friendly.
Having something similar for corelibs-foundation is a good idea and I
would certainly join it.

Maybe we could start a #corelibs-foundation channel on the SwiftPM
Slack, as an experiment?  If it's useful, over time the SwiftPM Slack
could become a "swift.org" Slack.

I see this as separate to the move of the mailing lists to Discourse.

Thanks,
Ian

On 2 August 2017 at 20:34, David Hart via swift-corelibs-dev
<swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
> Hello Corelibs dev,
>
> A few months back, I wanted to start contributing more seriously to Swift Open Source. I ended up helping out on the Swift Package Manager project and had a very positive experience. It’s not easy to jump into a big project and it would not have been such a success for me without their official Slack channel where I was grateful to often find a helping hand when I had doubts, questions, or wanted to discuss and understand the process or direction of the project. That medium really helped me to ask the kind of questions I was afraid to ask on the mailing-list, which feels like a more formal medium.
>
> Now that I’m looking into what I can do on corelibs-foundation, I really wish an equivalent channel existed. Is this an idea the corelibs team would be interested in entertaining?
>
> Regards,
> David.

Ian Partridge