[swift-corelibs-dev] Unavailability macros for APIs that aren't going to be implemented on Linux?

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Wed Aug 2 03:38:41 CDT 2017

> On 28 Jul 2017, at 20:30, Alex Blewitt via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> In the meantime I'll take a stab next week at proposing some unavailability annotations for some of the stuff which almost certainly doesn't make sense, to do with Mach ports and NSZone.

I've created a pull request which adds NSUnsupported, and uses that to wrap NSPort and NSMessagePort:

https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/1150

What do you think? Should we use 'deprecated' (so that it's a warning) or 'unavailable' (so that it's a compile time error)?

+    @available(*,deprecated,message:"Not available on non-Darwin platforms")

+    @available(*,unavailable,message:"Not available on non-Darwin platforms")

Alex