[swift-corelibs-dev] NSRegularExpression performance

Francois Green francois.green at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:37:06 CDT 2017

I’m uncertain if I’m using the correct forum, but I asked this question on the user list a few months back and no one responded.  The NSRegularExpression library seems to perform poorly and I’m wondering if this is a performance bug or is it being used improperly?  I’ve added links to two algorithms from the Benchmark Game project that seem quite slow when compared to other languages.  While I understand that direct comparisons are not possible, this one benchmark really stands out.

http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=regexredux&lang=swift&id=2

http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=regexredux&lang=swift&id=1