[swift-corelibs-dev] Foundation: NSString init detect encoding

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Wed Jun 21 11:55:08 CDT 2017

Our preferred approach so far is to mirror Foundation as closely as possible.

I don’t know if we want to implement stringEncodingForData as part of swift-corelibs-foundation. In any case, we are trying to avoid bringing in as few dependencies outside of the Swift project itself as possible, to keep Foundation as low level as possible for stability, ease of use, and ease of portability.

- Tony