[swift-corelibs-dev] URLSession test fest!

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 03:40:29 CST 2017

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 2:02 AM, Pushkar N Kulkarni via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> That sounds like a great plan, Tony! I am keen on contributing.
>
> We all know that current set of unit tests for URLSession are extremely trivial and nowhere close to it's real-world use cases! We've tried using external/public API endpoints in the tests, but intermittent connection failures (network delays) broke the CI. I believe a stronger testing framework for URLSession will be provide support in making the implementation robust.

How hard it would be to fake enough of a web server to test URLSession against? Maybe involving the Swift Server APIs, once those are ready? They might even have the functionality to fake network issues for their own testing, which we should be testing against anyway to ensure that things fail correctly.

- Dave Sweeris