[swift-corelibs-dev] URLSession test fest!

Peter Tomaselli vast.grapes at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:41:48 CST 2017

Following up on this…

I’m wondering if anyone has any info on what happened with the (rather more elaborate) “loopback” server and set of tests from @danieleggert’s PR #299:

https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/299 <https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/299>

Is there some reason we ended up with a somewhat cut-down version of those (I understand that perhaps the URLSession implementation itself from this PR was not used, but perhaps we could pull some of the tests forward, or the more flexible loopback implementation) in master? Sorry if this is a silly question — I’m not very well-versed in the more low-level networking stuff involved here so there may be some obvious reason these are not suitable that I am missing.

Mailing list user Mike Ferenduros also put together what to my eye are some pretty comprehensive tests that have not ever seemed to be PR’d or merged, described here:

https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-corelibs-dev/Week-of-Mon-20160912/000943.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-corelibs-dev/Week-of-Mon-20160912/000943.html>

Seems like there was some concern over the use of httpbin.org <http://httpbin.org/>, but these could be perhaps pulled in and simply redirected to hit the loopback, as the rest seems pretty well thought-out.

Just wondering if anyone has any of the background information here. I started writing some tests and loopback enhancements of my own but these other two gentlemen are way ahead of me, so maybe we should grab what we can from them, if it is possible to do so! Happy to take a crack at that if it seems like a sane idea.

Cheers,

Peter