[swift-corelibs-dev] Implementing HTTPCookieStorage

Will Stanton willstanton1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 21:15:27 CST 2016

Was wondering if there could be a common directory for Foundation-related files, such as NSUserDefaults in addition to cookie storage?

So maybe for cookies:
NSHomeDirectory() + "/.foundation/Cookies/shared"

And settings for an app/service:
NSHomeDirectory() + "/.foundation/Preferences/EXECUTABLE_NAME.plist"

And I’m not familiar with how Apple Foundation/CFNetwork/nsurlsessiond handles cookies… or caches things, but I think I agree with Kenny that naming symmetry would be nice if there is a per-user cookies file.

So having a /Library may be nicer, but potentially unnecessary?
NSHomeDirectory() + "/.foundation/Library/Cookies/Cookies.something"

Regards,
Will Stanton