[swift-corelibs-dev] Query on NSKeyedArchiver

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Wed Oct 26 12:11:41 CDT 2016

Hi Sai,

We do have basic support for keyed archiving and unarchiving in swift-corelibs-foundation on Linux. The limitation is that the NSCoding protocol cannot be applied to Swift struct types, only class types. On Darwin, the class also must be a subclass of NSObject. This last limitation may not exist on Linux, but you should be aware that if you encode a non-NSObject subclass on Linux then you would not be able to decode it on Darwin.

- Tony