[swift-corelibs-dev] Inconsistent URLSession POST behaviour

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Mon Sep 12 14:03:00 CDT 2016

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 12:52 AM, Michael Ferenduros via swift-corelibs-dev <swift-corelibs-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> On 12 Sep 2016, at 09:25, Pushkar N Kulkarni <pushkar.nk at in.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> I took a quick look at the URLSession code and it looks like the httpBody isn't being picked up anywhere.
>>
>> Could you please create a bug report on https://bugs.swift.org ?
>
> Cool:
> https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-2617
>
> Generally, should I be filing bugs for corelibs? I occasionally run into various issues (eg. uploadTask has different parameter naming) but I’m conscious that it’s not complete and probably most issues are already known and being worked on.

Absolutely! We’ve done a lot of work to try and make things match, but since it’s a manual process there are things we’ve missed. Please let us know when you find a discrepancy.

Some things are omitted intentionally, but if the same method exists with different parameter names it’s probably an oversight.

- Tony