[swift-corelibs-dev] Measurement Formatters & ICU

Will Stanton willstanton1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 13:07:53 CDT 2016

I think there is a review related to format APIs ongoing for ICU 58, but there hasn’t been much talk about the C APIs alas:
https://sourceforge.net/p/icu/mailman/message/35283778/
http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/12029

Since MeasureFormat ‘and friends’ are C++, for now, I also think the best path would be a C wrapper in CF that can pass things off to Apple’s ICU or on Linux to:
http://opensource.apple.com/source/ICU/ICU-551.30/icuSources/i18n/uameasureformat.cpp
http://opensource.apple.com/source/ICU/ICU-551.30/icuSources/i18n/uatimeunitformat.cpp

I think the script to handle ninja on Linux also needed to be modified to build C++ successfully (I believe some private/internal includes needed to be set).

Regards,
Will Stanton