[swift-corelibs-dev] NSObject's performSelector(inBackground:with:) doesn't feel right in Swift 3

Paul Hudson paul.hudson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:53:44 CDT 2016

Hello!

I just noticed that performSelectorInBackground(_:withObject:) has
been mapped to performSelector(inBackground:with:) in Swift 3. So:

performSelector(inBackground: #selector(doStuff), with: nil)

This seems confusing to me – the "inBackground" label has little to do
with the selector that is attached to it. It's possible this has been
through careful API review and if so I apologize. On the other hand,
if it's an oversight is there time for it to be looked at again?

Thank you!

Paul
--
Free Swift tutorials – hackingwithswift.com