[swift-corelibs-dev] Query on init methods in Data.swift

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Mon Aug 8 12:05:07 CDT 2016

Hi Simon,

The correct one is the non-optional version. We changed it after some discussion about if it made sense for Data to attempt to return nil here, when there are so many ways for memory allocation to fail without returning an optional.

We’re working on updating the swift-corelibs-foundation API to match the overlay over the next few weeks.

- Tony