[swift-corelibs-dev] Wrapping up Swift 3 for swift-corelibs

Brian Gesiak modocache at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:21:21 CDT 2016

Speaking of JIRA tasks, I remembered this morning that the versions of
swift-corelibs-foundation and swift-corelibs-xctest expose public API that
does not exist in their Apple counterparts. This is because of a bug in the
linker that prevents us from marking attributes as private:

- https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1129
- https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1901

It would be great if we could fix this problem prior to the Swift 3
release, but if not, we need to be aware that some people may end up using
or relying upon these "unintentionally public" API.

- Brian Gesiak