[swift-corelibs-dev] Wrapping up Swift 3 for swift-corelibs

Gonzalo Larralde gonzalolarralde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:06:34 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Wanted to know if there's any plan to find a solution for Auto Bridging
between corelibs-foundation <> Swift types in the same manner as it is done
for Obj-C.

There has been some discussions about this in the following PRs:

https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/310
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/303
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/1994

The inclusion of this feature will allow more non-UIKit related packages to
be used with almost  no changes.

For what I understand the main blocker here is getting this to pass through
Swift review (probably a more generic version of it, like _BridgeableType
instead of _ObjectiveCBridgeable would help?), but wanted to understand
first if this is a priority for the foundation team, and there is something
that can be done to push for this feature.

Thanks!

--
Slds,

Gonzalo.