[swift-corelibs-dev] Wrapping up Swift 3 for swift-corelibs

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 12:50:08 CDT 2016

Tony Parker wrote on 07/28/2016 01:41:55 PM:

> 1. Integrate swift-corelibs-dispatch into Foundation.

Hi Tony,

	Hopefully this is on the task list already, but if it isn't we should
add it before it gets to be too late to change the compiler...

	When compiling a Swift program on Linux that imports Dispatch (or
Foundation once the integration is done), the user has to give the extra
compilation flags -Xcc -fblocks to enable block support.

	We really need to land a change somewhere so that either (1) blocks
support is always on for Linux or (2) importing Dispatch or Foundation
automatically turns on blocks support.

	I have some time today and tomorrow that I could use to work on this
if no one is handling it already, but I'm not sure how best to tackle the
problem.  Suggestions?

--dave