[swift-corelibs-dev] libdispatch/GCD for Swift 3.0 on Linux

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jun 21 08:36:58 CDT 2016

Joe:

FYI, if you want to be able to use the Swift 2.2 APIs for Dispatch,
there's some instructions on how to build a toolchain with Dispatch
included here:
        https://gist.github.com/seabaylea/cad7808615c52cfd2fc9d1debcad832f

The third step uses a fork of Foundation from (based on master from a
couple of weeks ago) that enables the use of Dispatch by Foundation
itself, and adds NSURLSession support. If you just want to use Dispatch
directly, you can ignore that step.

As Dave says, we're working on adding Dispatch into the toolchain on
Linux, and uplifting it to the new Swift 3.0 APIs - if you want to get
involved, your definitely welcome!

Chris