[swift-corelibs-dev] [XCTest] Cannot build using XCode

Madhu Samuel madhusamuel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:22:24 CDT 2016

So after spending almost a week trying to build swift and core libraries
(mainly xctest) during the end of May un-successfully, I made up my mind to
give another attempt today.

I checkout the latest code from swift repo. Since the xctest documentation
says, "Confirm you're able to build the Swift project using
utils/build-script -R", that's where I started.

Unfortunately, build-script -R gives the below error.

<unknown>:0: error: Swift does not support the SDK 'MacOSX10.11.sdk'

My active developer directory is
'/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer'.
The toolchain is 'Xode 8.0'

The build is taken in Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.4

Let me know whether I miss anything? I assume getting the build working for
the first time is the hardest, but there I am!

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Madhu