[swift-corelibs-dev] unable to build swift core foundation

Philippe Hausler phausler at apple.com
Mon May 30 15:34:43 CDT 2016

The toolcahins are in a bit of flux right now so you may need to build your own custom one. If you want you can build one via the easy command of ./swift/utils/build-toolchain or if you need to be a bit more fancy (or want to only build partial slices of the toolchain) I posted a version of a script I personally use for iterating specific slices of the toolchain: https://gist.github.com/phausler/70c8a6c231fedd8a8008f6a6bbaf48d4 <https://gist.github.com/phausler/70c8a6c231fedd8a8008f6a6bbaf48d4>

Note: that script is something I use on my machine with hard coded paths so your mileage may vary; it is a brutal install phase that just erases the previous install of that identifier and copies the built product out. So be forwarded you can poke your eye out with this script.

Also after installing a new toolchain it is usually good to restart Xcode and clear your module cache just in case there is cruft lying around (when things get goofed up sometimes bad state can make it hard to work with things)