[swift-corelibs-dev] Compilation Error - Which Toolchain

Michael Koukoullis mike at kouky.org
Sat May 21 02:26:51 CDT 2016

Hi Phillipe,

Unfortunately the revert has been reverted by @gribozavr which means that master again will not build on a Mac running latest toolchain snapshot for Xcode. Seems there are downstream dependencies on swift-corelibs-foundation being up-to-date with where swift master is tracking.

If the master branch of swift-corelibs-foundation indeed tracks swift master how shall we configure our local development environments for a Mac?  The pre-canned toolchain snapshots from swift.org get stale quickly. Building the toolchain from swift source takes a long time, over three hours in my experience. Given the commit cadence on swift master rebuilding the toolchain daily isn’t a viable option.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Michael.