[swift-corelibs-dev] NSTask and try!

Bouke Haarsma bouke at haarsma.eu
Sat May 14 09:02:19 CDT 2016

On 2016-05-14 09:05:08 +0000, James Lee via swift-corelibs-dev said:

> Please excuse my ignorance, I have looked into the POSIX calls, but am
> I right in assuming that the EBADF is due to the test calling to a file
> that doesn't exist and that is just how OSX handles this case?

The problem on OSX was that closing the same FD in the child process
would result in the EBADF. The change in the error handling posted
before made the error more visible. The actual fix for OSX was to make
sure a single FD was closed only once. See also PR #363
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/362, especially
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/pull/363/commits/3fd0df28107847b7121f6cb2f823fbad9e2ddcff.

- Bouke