[swift-corelibs-dev] Installing swift toolchain issues

Jeyaram Jeyaraj jeyaram6 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:01:10 CDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm trying to follow the instructions here
https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-foundation/blob/master/Docs/GettingStarted.md

It indicates to install the current Swift toolchain and points to this link:
https://swift.org/download/#latest-development-snapshots

Now if I scroll down I see the instructions as:
Installation

   1.

   Download the latest package release <https://swift.org/download>.
   2.

   Run the package installer, which will install an Xcode toolchain into
   /Library/Developer/Toolchains/.

   An Xcode toolchain (.xctoolchain) includes a copy of the compiler, lldb,
   and other related tools needed to provide a cohesive development experience
   for working in a specific version of Swift.

but if I click on the link mentioned in #1, I get back to the top of the
page, it indicates I can install XCode 7.3.1 from the apple store (which I
already have installed), but I do not see the directory
/Library/Developer/Toolchains/. mentioned in step 2.

What am I doing wrong here? also If I go to preferences then navigate to
components -> Toolchains, I don't see a installed xcode swift 2.2 snapshot.

Thanks.